Launched in 1998 by a unique partnership of L’Oréal and UNESCO, the “For Women in Science” Award was the first international award devoted to encourage scientific vocations and recognizing the accomplishments of female scientists from every continent. The For Women in Science program is divided into three levels: L’Oréal-UNESCO Awards, UNESCO- L’Oréal International Fellowships and the L’Oréal National Fellowships.
General provisions of the National Fellowships
· L’Oréal will award 2 National Fellowships worth PhP 400,000 each.
· The Fellowships will be attributed in the field of Material and Life Sciences.
· Applications must be submitted on or before November 30, 2010.
· Winning national fellows shall receive written notice of the jury’s decision.
· The national fellows will be awarded their Fellowships at a public ceremony
· Applicants must be Filipino
· Applicants must be less than 45 years old and have obtained a doctorate degree.
· Only women applicants are qualified.
· Selected national fellows must use the Fellowship grant for the scientific research project described in her application or research proposal.
For more information, visit: http://fwis.com.ph/home/