Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Japan-East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths
May 13-22 & 22-29, 2008
The National Youth Commission is pleased to inform that the application for the Japan – East Asia Network of Exchange for Students and Youths (JENESYS) Program is now open.
The JENESYS Program is a Japanese government sponsored exchange program that aims to harness the youths’ full potential through the sharing of experiences and expertise on common youth leadership and practices, as well as, to promote cultural understanding, appreciation and respect among the youths of all countries involved.
The NYC will be recommending 200 Filipino youth to participate on this program and the selected participants will be going to Japan on May 13-22 and 22-29, 2008, all expense paid by the organizers, Japan International Cooperation Center.
1. Filipino, single, must be between 16 - 18 years old, on or before April 1, 2008
2. Of good moral character
3. Must be currently enrolled in a college or university with a GWA of 2.25 or 85% equivalent, with no failing marks in the preceding semester
4. Physically and mentally fit to travel
5. Must be a first time traveller to Japan and/or must not have been a grantee or recipient of any NYC funded international tavel or Japanese Government grant
6. Must be knowledgeable of the history, geography, culture and arts, and the current issues on the Philippines, and fairly knowledgeable in those of Japan and other East Asian countries
7. Must be an officer or an active member of a youth organization at least one (1) year immediately preceding the date of application
8. Must be willing to be an active NYC volunteer after the program to be covered by an appropriate memorandum of agreement and to continue to promote the learning about Japan and the Japanese culture gained from the JENESYS Programme
* Area representation would be based on the place of the school, college, university enrolled in
1. two (2) copies of the application forms (JENESYS entry form, application form for student ambassadors and nyc volunteer form) with passport sized pictures with white background attached to each forms (all original, no scanned pictures)
2. two (2) copies of resume, not more than 3 pages
3. two (2) copies of certificate of good moral character, issued by the school, college or university (1 original and 1 photocopy)
4. two (2) copies of the certified copies of the grades
5. two (2) copies of the Police or NBI clearance
6. Four (4) passport sixed pictures (not scanned)
7. completed NYC volunteer forms
For more information, please feel free to get in touch with NYC: (02) 781-1163 loc. 107 and please look for Commissioner Princess Abante or Ms. Rochel Ferrancullo.
Forms can be downloaded at www.youth.net.ph
Deadline: December 31, 2007.