Wednesday, February 27, 2008
2008 THE OUTSTANDING YOUNG PERSONS (TOYP)
Osaka and Tokyo , Japan
Theme: “A Light of the City Created by a Firm Bond of the Community”
The Junior Chamber International Osaka is inviting five (5) to ten (10) nominations for the five-day 2008 The Outstanding Young Persons (TOYP) Program to be held in September 2008 in Osaka and Tokyo , Japan .
- Non-Japanese who has no experience living in Japan
- Under 40 years old
- Has strong interest in creating the brilliant and lively community with high motivation, enthusiasm and leverage
- Has developed leadership ability through social contribution activities
- Can write and speak English well
- Can participate in the whole program during the period
- Can participate in this program by himself/herself
- MUST have a valid passport not expiring in September 2008
The organizer will shoulder the roundtrip airfare and accommodations, meals during the program and domestic transportation expenses
Complete all applicable information and SIGN on the application/nomination form with a photo taken within the last six (6) months
Write a short essay on A4 sized paper (must be typed), on the Essay form . Contents of the essay are:
- What is your idea on social responsibility of companies and citizens?
- What kinds of activities have you (your company and organization) been doing to fulfill your social responsibilities?
- What do you think can be done to expand the wave of social responsibility of corporate and citizens throughout the entire society?
Please write on the above based on your thoughts and experiences
Reference or recommendation from a supervisor at work, a community group leader or any other adult who is familiar with the applicant's personality and activities using the Recommendation Form
Selected applicants will make a presentation during the conference based on the submitted essay.
Deadline for submission of nomination/application form, entries (essays) and recommendation form to email@example.com is April 18, 2008.