The Philippine-American Educational Foundation (Fulbright) is requesting assistance in recruiting applicants for the 2009-2010 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program in the United States. The application period is from March 3, 2008 to June 6, 2008.
The Humphrey Program brings accomplished professionals from developing countries to the United States at a mid-point in their careers for a year of study and related practical professional experiences. Fellowships are granted competitively to candidates with a commitment to public service in both the public and private sectors. The program is designed to meet the requirements of policy makers, planners, and managers who have a public service orientation, are commited to their country's development, and have demonstrated leadership potential.
Applicants may come from the following areas:
1. Agricultural development/agricultural economics
3. Economic development/Finance and banking
4. Educational administration, planning and policy
5. HIV/AIDS policy and prevention
6. Human resource management
7. Law and human rights
8. Natural resources and environmental management
9. Public health policy and mangement
10. Public policy analysis and public administration
11. Substance abuse education, treatment and prevention
12. Teaching of English as a Foreign Language
13. Technology policy and management
14. Trafficking in persons, policy and prevention
15. Urban and regional planning
The Humphrey program is not intended for technicians or research-oriented professionals. Candidates should be mid-career professionals committed to public services and should have demonstrated ability to achieve positions of significant responsibility and have the promise of assuming future leaderhship roles. Other qualification requirements are in the information materials on the 2009 Humphrey competition.
Since it began in 1978, eighty-six (86) Filipino professionals from the public and private sectors, including non-governmental organizations, have gone to the United States on the Humphrey program. They currently occupy important leadership positions in their respective fields and organizations. Fulbright looks forward to continuing this excellent record of Humphrey fellowships through assistance in identifying appropriate candidates.
Application forms and information materials may be obtained from the Philippine-American Education Foundation (PAEF) office at the 10th Floor, Ayala Life-FGU Center, 6811 Ayala Avenue, Makati City. The application form can also be downloaded from the PAEF website: www.paef.org.ph and may be photocopied.
Completed applications should be received at the PAEF on or before June 6, 2008.