1. Three/Six months Internship Program (1st January – 31st March 2011/30th June 2011)
2. Summer Internship Program (1st July – 31st August 2011)
Stipend: $100 per month with accommodation
Location: Bangalore, India
Global Citizens for Sustainable Development (GCSD) is a registered not-for-profit and non-governmental-organization based in Bangalore, India. GCSD is a youth based organization and believes that youth have the potential in influencing the world for the better of the society. GCSD has been creating opportunities for global citizens to come together for dialogue and constantly works towards collaborative action on issues such as environment, education, children’s rights, housing and other MDG goals.
For more details about our work and project please see our web links:
Interns will be involved with the following projects:
I. Three/Six months Internship Program (1st January – 31st March 2011/30th June 2011)
1. Vedike: an eco-residential school and Global Living and Learning Center - Doing research on the migrant workers and their children in Bangalore, green buildings, green technology to be used on the campus and other details of the program.
2. Japan-India Forum – prepare and participate for a one week program in February 2011 with Japanese students visiting India for the Forum. The theme of the Forum and discussions will be on themes such Povety, Gender and Culture (of India)
3. Global Citizenship Leadership Training Program: Working with a team of experts to
create a Leadership Training Program module.
4. Preparation of the Summer Programs of GCSD like the WE BUILD 2011 and the Asian Youth Assembly 2011
5. Climate Change campaign in Bangalore.
6. Korea-India Forum – prepare for a 10 days program in July 2011 where about 12 Indians will be going to South Korea for the Forum.
II. Summer Internship Program (1st July – 31st August 2011)
1. WE BUILD 2011: A 4 credit summer volunteers program of building houses for the poor, teaching English and other life skills module to poor and under-privilege children.
2. Asian Youth Assembly: A gathering of Asian youth participants to discuss key issues (such as: Ethics, Economy, Ecology, Education, Equity) of the region and to work collectively to bring a change in the region.
3. China-India Forum: A gathering of youth and experts on the theme of Sustainable Development from these four countries, discussing strategies and case studies and working on bilateral relationship for better regional cooperation
1. Applicants should have very good writing skills as most of these skills will be used for documentation and publications to be produced of the programs to be held during their internships.
2. Applicants should be either studying or should be a recent university graduate interested in Indian culture, global citizenship, social development work and cross-cultural dialogue
3. Applicants must be computer literate (email/internet, web page, lay-out/design, etc) and proficient in English; working knowledge of any Asian language especially Chinese, Japanese and Korean is an advantage.
Conditions of service
1. Interns will serve for specific period of 3/6 and 2 months in summer as mentioned above.
2. Travel costs will not be provided. Intern will have to travel to India on a tourist visa and it is mandatory that the intern has a valid International Health Insurance during the internship period.
3. Room will be provided for lodging and an additional $100 stipend for expenses towards food, local travel, etc
4. He/She must fulfill his/her duties and abide by the rules and regulations of the program.
5. Interns are expected to work full-time and to carry out the duties assigned to them. Personal travels during the internship especially weekends is discouraged. If the intern wants to travel he/she is requested to make plans before or after the internship period.
Procedure for applying, Applicants should submit the following documentation:
1. A completed, dated and signed internship application form
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae
3. A scanned copy of the passport with at least 6 months validity.
4. An endorsement/referral Letter from Professors/Dean of the college/university
5. A written sample of research work or an abstract of academic papers (3-10 pages maximum)
When to Apply?
Three/Six months Internship Program (1st January – 31st March/30th June 2011)
Application period: 10th October 2010 until 10th December, 2010.
Summer Internship Program (1st July – 31st August 2011)
Application period: 10th October 2010 until 31st March, 2011.
Please address your applications to the Associate Director,
Ms. Sangeetha. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send all the documentations enclosed with the application form as scanned documents either in PDF format or as WORD attachments.