Cat@lyst is a T@ttoo branded initiative that seeks to harness creativity, energy and technology to create change and empower the youth to make a difference in society. In collaboration with Globe Bridging Communities, and the Global Shapers Manila, the CSR initiative will involve a youth challenge that will award cash grants, mentorship, and ICT support to see through the ideation, distillation and incubation of technology-based innovations useful to catalyze change in local communities.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF CAT@LYST?
- To promote the use of innovative ICT solutions as a tool for social change
- To provide an effective platform where young Filipinos can incubate and transform their ideas into viable programs
- To provide an avenue for young Filipinos to further develop their initiatives through a multi-stakeholder dialogue and mentorship from development professionals and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) experts
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A technology-based solution for the existing community problemCriteria for selection:
- Innovation: Demonstrates creativity and originality
- Implementation Feasibility: Proposal should be executable in the given timeline and proponents should demonstrate capability to mobilize stakeholders involved
- Impact: Provides a long-lasting solution to an existing social problem
WHO MAY JOIN?
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen, 18-30 years old.
- Proposals may be submitted by individuals or a representative of an organization, company, or community.
- The applicant must be available to attend the development forum, Shapers Lab, on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at the ADB Headquarters in Ortigas, Metro Manila. Financial assistance for transportation and accommodations will be provided for non-NCR based participants.
- The proposal should not have won in other business plan or project grant competitions of the same magnitude (national, regional, provincial or district), or have received the same amount of funding for its implementation.Proposals may be submitted by individuals or representatives of an organization, company, or community.
HOW TO JOIN?
All participants must provide the following:
- A completed application form downloaded from the GLOBE Catalyst website (click here to download application form).
- One-minute video pitching their solution for an existing community problem. Applicants must upload the video on YouTube or Vimeo and ensure that the URL/link is provided in the application form.Guide questions:
- What existing problem in your community do you want to solve?
- What is your proposed ICT-based solution?
- What kind of impact do you hope to make through your project?
- Photo/s showing the community you want to help and empower. You may also include links to news articles, videos, or blog entries about the community and/or your project, if already existing.
Email the application form and supplementary materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Cat@lyst:
DEADLINE OF ENTRIES: May 31, 2013
The project will award five (5) winners.PhP 200,000 cash grant, inclusive of ICT supportMaximum of 25% (PhP50,000) only may go to admin cost
For more info, visit http://www.catalyst.com.ph