Wednesday, June 11, 2008
EarthCorps is now accepting international applications. Please consider forwarding this announcement among your contacts.
EarthCorps offers a 6-month service learning program in Seattle , Washington , USA that brings together emerging environmental leaders to learn the fundamentals of:
View a typical day at EarthCorps here: http://www.earthcorps.org/day_ in_the_life.php.
EARTHCORPS CHARGES NO TUITION OR FEES for its services and in fact supplies insurance, individual homestay families, food, gear and a monthly stipend to all international participants. EarthCorps provides additional support in acquiring US J-1 Trainee visas.
EarthCorps has established the following minimum criteria to be considered for the program:
· 18-25 years of age
· Conversational English
· No Criminal Record
BEFORE YOU NOMINATE please note that EarthCorps is required by the US government to ensure that every applicant meets strict criteria in order to qualify for a US J-1 Trainee visa. Before you nominate please make sure your candidates meet the following minimum criteria:
· 4 year college degree in the environmental field and 1 year of relevant work experience*
· 5 years of work experience in the environmental field*
* These criteria are only for meeting US government regulations regarding the J-1 Trainee visa. US American team members may have less experience than this when entering the program.
DEADLINES AND START DATES:
· Applicant Application Dead Line: July 31, 2008
· Participant selection: August 2008
· Visa processing: September - December 2008
· Travel confirmation: January 2009
· EarthCorps Program starting date: February 2009
· EarthCorps Program graduation: August 2009
Candidates should be referred to EarthCorps by an environmental organization (i.e. NGO, community group or student club). Materials are available online at: http://www.earthcorps.org/join_ international.php
Please feel free to contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your support!
International Program Manager, Responsible Officer
6310 NE 74th St., Suite 201E
Seattle, Washington 98115 USA
+1-206-322-9296 ext. 224 office
email: mark@earthcorps. org