Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Global Xchange Programme
Global Xchange gives young people from the Philippines and the UK a unique opportunity to live and work together, develop and share valuable skills, and make practical contributions to disadvantaged communities in both countries faced with challenging situations.
You can be one of the nine Filipino volunteers of the 2008 Global Xchange Programme.
• 18 – 25 years of age (must NOT be younger than 18 or older than 25 between March and September 2008)
• Male or female
• Medically fit to undergo an active 6-month volunteer work
• Completed at least high school or secondary education
• Willing to do fundraising
• Willing to live and work with a British counterpart in a modest accommodation in a host family setting within a disadvantaged community in the Philippines and in the UK
• Flexible, open-minded and with a genuine commitment to learning
• Sensitive to the needs of others and can work within a team
• Can commit a minimum of 6 months (consecutive) to do 3 months of volunteer work in the Philippines and 3 months in the UK, and time to attend preparatory training
• You can send your Application Form via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 02-3762160.
• The other requirements need to be submitted by regular mail at: Global Xchange Programme Secretariat – VSO Bahaginan Foundation, Inc., Unit 505, Pacific Corporate Center, 131 West Avenue, 1101 Quezon City
• Please indicate the code (GXP Application – Your Surname) in the subject line of your e-mail or outside the envelope for regular mail
• Personal and professional reference forms should be sent in sealed envelopes
• Please use the cover letter of the reference forms to inform your referee about Global Xchange
Deadline for submission of application is on July 2, 2008 by 12:00pm. Only applications received on or before the closing date will be screened. Short-listed applicants will be invited to an Assessment Day scheduled on July 10/11, 2008. Training and fundraising activities start in August 2008. Exchange proper will commence in September 2008.
For inquiries, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 02-3746450 local 25