March 2-5, 2010
The four-day programme will give ASEAN+3 participants from local and foreign delegations comprising of youth workers, social workers, counsellors, community partners, educators and other professional working with youths, the opportunity to interact and share their experiences of working with at-risk youths across the borders. It aims to establish informal ASEAN network among participants of the seminar, to create opportunities for dialogue, discussion and future collaboration and to impart to the participants the strategies on student engagement in school, and knowledge on the resources available to deal with the issue of disengaged students.
The theme for the seminar is “Engaging Youths who are At-risk of Being Disengaged from Schools”. The seminar will feature workshops sessions conducted by international and local speakers and practitioners with vast experience in the youth work field and include visits to relevant social service agencies in Singapore.
Venue and Date:
The event will take place in Singapore from March 2 to 5, 2010.
· Filipino citizen
· Between 20 to 35 years old
· Senior officials in-charge of youth matters or youth workers
· Youth/social workers from Voluntary Welfare Organizations (VWOs), Youth Organizations (YOs) or other agencies that provide development services for young people
· Community partners, educators, policy makers and government officials
· Conversant in English and have good communication and analytical skills
· Of good moral character
· Physically and mentally fit to travel
· Former recipients of NYC funded international programs from March 1, 2009 to March 1, 2010 are disqualified to apply.
· Must have a passport valid until at least six (6) months after the date of the departure for the program
Applicants without any passport details shall not be considered.
Local hospitalities will be borne by National Youth Council (NYC) Singapore, while participants are in-charge of their own airfare and travel insurance.
Download and fill up application forms at http://youth.net.ph/about/archives/pages/ASEAN+3urbanyouth.php and send to julietNYC2009@gmail.com not later than January 20, 2010.