Number of scholarships: 85 scholarships for under- and post-graduate studies in Romania, by means of selection of application files organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE) and the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports (MECTS), in keeping with Romanian current legislation.
Who can qualify : citizens ofnon EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence). Priority is given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural cooperation agreements. Mention should be made that the citizens of the Republic of Moldova benefit from other scholarship programmes.
The scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalation of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and end with a doctor’s thesis.
Priority fields: priority will be given to the candidates applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, art. Requests for other fields will also be taken into account.
Languge of Study: In order to promote Romanian language and culture, the Ministry of Education, Research, Youth and Sports has decided that the beneficiaries of the scholarships should study only in the Romanian language. The candidates who do not know Romanian are offered one supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
* 1st cycle (licenta): monthly amount representing: the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students
*2nd cycle (master): monthly amount representing: the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization)
* 3rd cycle (doctorate): monthly amount representing: the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree)
Read more http://www.mae.ro/